1st Battalion-20th Infantry
11th LIB ~ Americal Div.
February 14, 2015
Volume VIII, Issue ii
R E S T R I C T E D
CHARLIE COMPANY, 1ST BATTALION 20TH INFANTRY
11TH BRIGADE, AMERICAL DIVISION
CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES
14 February 2015
NUMBER 10, R.E.U.N.I.O.N.
1. Former personnel of this organization will proceed in non-military uniforms at such time as may be necessary before the period of 5 June or 6 June 2015 for approximately two days for the purpose of participating in an unclassified exercise, “OPERATION REUNION#10”, as directed by the Secretary at Large, Barnaby Wilde.
2. Those participating in “OPERATION REUNION#10” will make prior arrangement for proper billeting at the Hilton Cincinnati Airport in Florence, KY. Those participating are encouraged to make appropriate reservations by calling 1-859-371-4400 direct. Route maps are available to follow for overland transportation in arriving at rendezvous point as well as airborne infiltrations to the operation site.
3. It is anticipated that unusual and interesting activities will be presented, as 47 years have elapsed since formation of this organization in South Viet Nam in 1967. Your Commanding Officer Emeritus will be present to direct such activities as “tall tales”, CARE package and SP distribution, dawn patrol of dew sweepers playing Army golf, WACs A-Ration luncheon to include purchased spirit rations and an A-ration meal at the Hilton mess hall. A short briefing session is planned for the afternoon of 5 June 2015 in the activity room and all participating will receive an intelligence report.
4. Your personal involvement in “OPERATION REUNION#10 is encouraged and urgently needed to insure success of this exercise. Over 90 different veterans have answered the call at least once in the past nine years. Order #1 has been waived to include a lady Marine from WWII. Plan now to be present and not be reported AWOL.
5. Our search and seek mission needs your urgent assistance in locating various former active members of this organization. If you know of an individual’s whereabouts that would like to dispatch their present address for the purpose of being invited to “OPERATION REUNION#10”, please write Assistant Search & Seek Secretary, Dan Malin.
By suggestion of Executive Officer, Perry Noid
& Commanding Sgt. Major, Lou Tennant
Colonel U.S. Army
Authority: Charlie Company, 1/20 Infantry – “REUNION#10”, by PFC Rick O’Shea, dated February 2015.